The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities offers several funding programs for individuals and nonprofit organizations located in the District of Columbia. Individuals are not required to provide matching funds. Organizations are only required to provide matching funds as indicated.
Commission staff members conduct workshops at which participants learn about the Commission and the steps to submit a grant application. During these workshops, staff and applicants discuss each grant-making opportunity. Workshop dates, times and locations are subject to change.
Current Funding Opportunities
- FY23 Facilities and Buildings - Relief Grant
- Submission Deadline: 10 pm ET on Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Grant Application Assistance
- CAH seeks grant review panelists to perform evaluations of applications submitted to the agency for funding consideration throughout the year.
- Panelists are integral to the grantmaking process, providing a critical review, comments, and scores of all applications to a particular grant program.
- Beginning in FY 2023, panelists will be paid a stipend for their participation in the panel review process.
- Apply to be a CAH Panelist
General Grants Resources
- Application Assistance
- Be a Review Panelist
- Closed Grants
- Current Funding Opportunities
- FY22 Grantees
- FY22 & FY23 General Grants FAQ
- Getting Started
- Grant Application Portal
- Grantee Resources
- Grant Programs
- Guide to Grants
Top Banner: GALA Hispanic Theatre. Production photo from Fuego Flamenco VIX- “Reditum”, featuring José Barrios & Co. November 2018. Photo courtesy of José Barrios.