Over $9.5 Million in Second Round of FY18 Grant Awards
Contact: Jeffrey Scott (CAH), [email protected], (202) 724-5613
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH) board of commissioners recently approved $9,533,945 in funding recommendations as part of the agency's FY 2018 Cycle 2 grant awards. To date, CAH has awarded a total of $22,205,061 in grant awards in FY 2018.
"Our city's arts and humanities community includes some of the most impressive talents in the country. These creative professionals are constantly working towards new innovations within their respective disciplines," said Executive Director Arthur Espinoza, Jr. of the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities. "By offering a second grant application period, we make our funding opportunities more accessible to District residents and nonprofit organizations while at the same time becoming more responsive in our ability to invest in our creative economy."
CAH awards these grants through a competitive process. Independent panels of arts and humanities professionals and community members review applications from individuals and organizations and make award recommendations to the CAH board of commissioners. Applicants not receiving funding are offered technical assistance to support future applications.
CAH intends to award 119 grants in FY 2018 Cycle 2 in the following categories:
* $961,700 for seventy-three (73) projects, events and festivals presented by individuals and nonprofit organizations throughout the District during the fiscal year;
* $138,398 to support three (3) public art projects proposed by community artists;
* $7,850,000 to support seven (7) projects identified in the FY 2018 Budget Support Act of 2017;
* $320,000 to support professional development and capacity building for eighteen (18) nonprofit organizations with budgets under $250,000; and,
* $263,847 to support eighteen (18) projects to foster arts and humanities exchange between the District of Columbia and its Sister Cities.
A complete listing of FY18 grantees is available here.