In order to submit an application:
- Ensure your organization meets all eligibility requirements listed in this request for applications.
- Complete all required questions in the online application.
- Attach the following mandatory documents to the online application: (forms available at https://dcarts.dc.gov/page/managing-grant-awards)
- Balance Sheet (from most recently completed fiscal year)
- Certificate of Clean Hands (dated no more than 30 days prior to the deadline)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (general coverage)
- Current Organizational Budget (approved by the organization’s Board of Directors)
- IRS 501(c)(3) Letter of Determination
- IRS Form 990 (most-recently submitted)
- IRS Form W-9
Note: Post office boxes are prohibited. The organization’s address MUST match the address in the grants portal, the address on file in the DC Government’s PASS system, and address registered in the DC Vendor Portal. Only the October 2018 version of the W9 form may be used and the form must be dated at the time of application submission.
- List of current Board of Directors
Provide board roles (e.g. president, treasurer, etc.), responsibilities and home addresses/wards.
- Organizational Demographics Overview Form
The inclusion of this form is not required at the time of application, but will be required of each applicant prior to award notification.
- Profit and Loss Statement (from most recently completed fiscal quarter)
- Resumes of Key Personnel Examples include: artistic/managing/executive directors; arts educators; etc. Provide roles, areas of responsibility, and home addresses.
- Statement of Certification (signed at the time of application)
- Support Materials Up to three (3) internally-produced items (e.g. curricula, strategic plans, marketing materials, etc.) and up to three (3) externally-produced items (e.g. reviews, commendations, testimonials, letters of support, etc.).
- Work Samples
CAH recommends reviewing the Work Sample Addendum to determine materials that might best support the application.
The Arrest and Conviction Statement and Data Arts Report are no longer required for CAH applications.
Documents must be uploaded as PDFs through CAH’s online grant portal prior to the application deadline. Incomplete or late applications or applications that do not follow the instructions and guidelines may be deemed ineligible for review and funding.
An automated confirmation of an applicant’s submission does not guarantee an applicant’s eligibility or funding. Technical issues or failure to receive a confirmation email must be brought to the attention of CAH staff prior to the application deadline.
View Review Criteria <— | —> View Addendum A: Work Samples and Supplementary Materials