The District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH), in partnership with the District of Department of Transportation (DDOT), and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), seeks District-based artists experienced in large-scale exterior murals, youth engagement, and community-based projects to design and install ground murals in the intersections near four schools in Washington, DC. Selected artists will be awarded grant funds to be used for design, materials, fabrication, installation, personnel, and project management.
RFQ Release: Friday, November 4, 2022
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2022 (4:00 pm ET)
Notification of Award: On or about Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Number of Awards: Four
Award Amount: $30,000
Prospective applicants should read through this Request for Applications (RFA) in its entirety prior to applying.
Project Manager Staff Contact:
Deirdre Darden, Public Art Coordinator: [email protected]
- FY23 Color the Curb - School Safety Program RFA
- FY23 Color the Curb - School Safety Program Application Questions and Uploads
- Live Chat Meetings
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022, at 2:00 pm ET - View the Recording
- Friday, November 18, 2022, at 10:00 am ET
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 2:00 pm ET
- FY23 Color the Curb - School Site Dimension Pictures