The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) is seeking to purchase two and three-dimensional works of art including, but not limited to, prints, drawings, mixed media compositions, paintings, photographs, ceramics, and moveable sculptures. This year, the DCCAH strongly encourages submissions by video artists and other technological innovators as the agency intends to expand the Art Bank Collection to include more diverse forms of contemporary art. Representational, conceptual, and abstract works will be equally considered.
Each artist is allowed to submit up to ten images for consideration and all artwork submitted must be available for purchase and review upon submission. Artwork must be created with archival materials and shall not exceed 96” in any direction or 100lbs in weight.
This call is open to all artists who reside or maintain studio space in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. However, preference will be given to District residents.
- Tuesday, October 30: Deadline for submission. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm.
- Friday, November 9: Preliminary selections made from image entries.
- Week of November 19-23: Artists required to drop off artwork for viewing per notification.
- Tuesday, November 27: Final selections made.
- Week of December 3-7: Artists required to pick up works that are not accepted.
For more information, contact Zoma Wallace, Art Bank Coordinator at email@example.com or (202) 724-5613.