FY 2016 Funding Support for Rental of the Historic Lincoln Theatre
Have a show but don’t have a venue to present it? Consider the Historic Lincoln Theatre!
As the official arts agency of the District of Columbia, DCCAH provides underwriting rental support (up to twelve days a year) for the theatre to DC-based nonprofits to support a wide range of diverse arts and humanities programming for the residents and visitors to our city.
Organizations eligible to apply must:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit, with a designated tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code, as well as in the District of Columbia;
- Have principal offices that are located in the District of Columbia, as demonstrated by the address on the organization’s official 990 document;
- Have Federal and DC tax-exempt statuses (subject to DCRA verification) in good standing;
- Be in good standing with DCCAH;
- Submit required documentation with application: HCH, W9, Tax Affidavit, proof of nonprofit status, and proof of insurance
- Be a District Government agency
To be considered, applicants must submit the Request Form by the first of the month no later than four (4) months prior to the event date to Derek Younger ([email protected]).
- Applications will be reviewed by a small Advisory Review Panel consisting of arts professionals, to include arts administrators, community members and/or DCCAH Commissioners and staff. Applications will be scored according to three categories: Artistic Merit, District Impact and Engagement, and Capacity.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by the first of the following month after their submission.